Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eugenio Recuenco

(section of second image)

        Eugenio Recuenco is a positively epic fashion photographer. He is known (particularly throughout his native Spain, where he shoots exclusively for Vogue) for his cinematic style (which I am DYING over) and has photographed for fashion houses such as Chanel and LV.
        A quick glance at his website (13 pages with upwards of 50 photographs on some of the pages) makes it clear that he is an expert in not only color and composition but concept and individuality as well. As I began the impossible task of choosing which pictures to share (if I could I'd post one from every series- they're that great), I found myself more and more deeply pulled in by his series that are put together like film strips. The women are sexy, strange, and powerful, and the narrative flow is really amazing.
        I know this post is panning in comparison to my more recent lengthier posts, but I honestly just don't have the words for this one. Recuenco's work has a true identity and is stunning. The best I can do is to say to look for yourself. And be sure to look at his videos as well, which are equally strange and beautiful. This one's my favorite (be warned it's a little creepy).

Recuenco's website




(to view images larger click them, but for full size head over to his website!)
images: eugeniorecuenco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment