Monday, October 12, 2009

Angélica Vis


        I happened across this first image by Angélica Vis while blog-wandering, and found my way to her flickr (and subsequently her blog and website). Though Vis' work as a whole is not particularly my personal favorite, she has some really, truly beautiful series mixed in.
        I absolutely fell in love with her photographs with jars (which seems to be a theme she is working out throughout her work), so I had to post a few. There is a good variety in the images, but my favorites are the ones where the jars are being held (in some there is no human presence) because there is something deeply personal and narrative about them this way. She is definitely on to a good thing here.

Vis' flickr
Vis' blog
Vis' website (this actually has the least images and is not in English - Vis is from the Netherlands - so I would actually recommend looking at one of the other two sources)



images: http://www.angelicavis.nl/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment