Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dinah Hayt & Matthieu Pabiot


        Another shorter post... I've become really interested in men's fashion spreads lately. This has a lot of influences, ranging from my love of the androgynous representations and fashion to the fact that I myself rarely photograph men. This spread in particular grabbed my attention (I realized later that it is reminiscent of The Compagnia della Fortezza's costumes for "Alice in Wonderland, a Theatrical Essay on the End of a Civilization" which I wrote about in July, I think it may be the ears that are making me think of it).
        "The Play-Boys" was styled by Matthieu Pabiot and shot by Dinah Hayt for the October issue of 160g magazine (which just launched last month). I will add that it doesn't hurt that Mecca (the tattooed model, who is signed to Nathalie Models) has a really beautiful face, but the shoot is just really visually appetizing. The styling is expert, I love the mix of feminine and masculine pieces (the paired leather bra, wool blazer, and suede bicycle shorts are brilliant).
        I'm really intrigued by the handling of men in fashion. I think androgyny is beautiful. The images just got me thinking.

"The Play-Boys"
160g magazine




images: 160grams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment