Thursday, October 29, 2009

MPH Art Salon


        I've been (and will be for the next few weeks) really busy because of midterms, and since I don't really have the time to dedicate to writing up an artist today; shameless self-promotion! In all seriousness though, this show is for a really good cause. The Michael Peter Hayes Art Salon is currently having a show of ATCs (artist trading cards), and the participating artists got to decide if they would donate 50 or 100% of the proceeds for their pieces (set at $50 each) to the National Cancer Center.
        As someone who has had people very close to me both overcome as well as pass away from cancer, it is something that has had a heavy effect on my life, and I know that a growing number of people are affected in some way by it. Being a part of this show was my way to honor these people, as well as contribute to fighting cancer and promoting cancer awareness (my pieces are all 100% contributions). The four trading cards that I created are, albeit in a quiet way and personal way, in conversation with the effects of cancer on the way I live my life.
        If you live nearby Locust Valley, NY, you should definitely check out the show, which is open until November 27th. The artists involved are highly talented and some even have pieces in museum collections.

Exhibit page (the first card (with the owls) is one of mine!)
general info on what ATCs are

And here's the gallery info if you'd like to go:

MPH Art Salon
169 Forest Avenue, Locust Valley, NY 11560
516.671.5011
www.mphsalon.com

(click to enlarge poster)

images: ATC poster, c. mph salon and respective artists
first image, "heart", c. daylynn richards

No comments:

Post a Comment